Are you a talented copywriter who loves grappling with complex ideas and working out how to describe them to your nan?
We’re looking for someone with a talent for turning complex ideas into simple, human copy to join our team. Reporting to the Content Lead, you’ll be an experienced wordsmith with creative passion and an unflinching eye for detail as well as the inquisitive and insightful mind of a true researcher.
Salary / Benefits Package: £25k-28k (subject to experience), plus performance related bonus (on completion of probation) and incremental holiday scheme.
Location: Clapham, SW London
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: Copywriting: 2 years
You’ll never have to worry about being bored at JPC! We’ll set you to work on a wide array of projects including:
- Case Studies – Help us tell the world why our projects are different. You’ll work with our creative team to tell stories that compel.
- Research – We’ll rely on you to research and articulate the insights that help our clients inform their strategic direction
- Bids and proposals – From perfecting bid copy for our clients to working with our senior team on our own strategic proposals
- Quality control – You’ll be responsible for rigorously checking content before publication – no stray comma gets past you!
- Sales presentations – Help our clients tell their stories and sell their propositions using simple, human language
- Blogs and articles – From coming up with your own ideas to helping colleagues perfect theirs, you’re a confident blogger who’s bursting with ideas
- Marketing concepts – You’ll work alongside our creative team to create a compelling narrative around visual concepts
- Passionate about content – You’ve been a proficient writer for at least 3 years and can confidently articulate any idea in any tone of voice. You write long-form copy, from reports to strategy documents, but you’re equally at home working on straplines and product names.
- Excited about ideas – You enjoy working on challenging projects that need as much thinking as writing. You can get to grips with technical or specialist subjects in no time.
- A great communicator – You’re not just great at absorbing information – you know how to share it and are quick to provide ideas and updates as they arise.
- An inquisitive mind – You like to question, challenge and discover – you’ll be ready to pick briefs apart and ask the right questions to extract critical information and create insight research reports.
- A brand expert – You have proven knowledge about strategic communication and branding – and are hungry to gain more
- A team player – You’re a strong collaborator who can work closely with our Content, Creative and Production teams.
- Motivated – You’re in your element working in a fast-paced creative environment. You’re highly self-driven, responsible and keen to improve.
- Team – Our team is driven and motivated enough to win awards, but we’re not cutthroat. Our team is close-knit, helpful and welcoming. By joining us, you’ll not just be entering a landscape of brilliant minds, you’ll be immersing yourself in a supportive, collaborative environment that will help you to thrive.
- Environment – We’re a small agency – that means less hierarchy and more opportunity. It also means less ego – we all make the tea and even our senior team take out the bins. We’re structured enough that everyone knows what their role is, and flexible enough to integrate freelancers seamlessly.
- Client base – We work with some of the biggest technology and telecoms in the world – as well as some of the smallest emerging brands. Our client base is varied, interesting and exciting to work with.
Send us your flawless CV and a sample of writing that makes you proud.