Immediate start for 4-6 month contract STARTING MID NOVEMBER 2018
We have an exciting opportunity for a hands on experienced developer with excellent planning and management abilities to take an integrated set of experiential apps and web-based platforms from initial scope/UI/Wireframing through to full functionality spec/architecture and then lead the development and implementation through to full QA testing. While the project is currently for a fixed term, subject to its success there may also be opportunity to extend into a longer term contract or full time role for the right candidate.
You will act as the overarching technical lead on the project, working with our project manager, designers and interactive/front end developers and taking ultimate responsibility for creating the digital output.
You will be highly experienced and comfortable taking projects into full and accurate functionality spec and identifying the right skills, software and other resources required to deliver on deadline. You will also take great pride in what you deliver and are an excellent communicator at all levels.
You will work closely and proactively with the Senior Management and report directly to the Managing Director, key responsibilities include:
- Scope and develop web and server-side applications (NB: some applications will be working offline within a fixed event environment) and help resource appropriate development team to deliver
- Excellent communication, team-work and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, decision-making skills and willingness to take on big challenges and solve complex problems
- Ability to make strategically-sound decisions with limited information in an fast moving environment, and be able to influence change and drive process and structure
- Ability to think both creatively and technically; delivering solutions that are both creatively and technically innovative
- Comfortable taking responsibility for the productivity, quality and output of any other developers working on the project
- Accurate, honest and regular feedback and reporting to Senior Management Team
- Overall Technical QA sign off of the project and responsibility for ALL work going to client and/or final production output
- Develop clear processes and documentation to incorporate scoping, QA, hosting, back up and consistent web standards such as responsiveness, accessibility and security.
(NB: these are based on our assumptions of the right code-base/stack to deliver the project, however
we are open to alternative recommendations based on the required deliverables):
- PHP, Python, C#, Java
- ASP, ASP.NET, JSP
- OOP, Design Patterns
- REST, SOAP API. XML
- Laravel, Symfony
- Zend, Cakephp Yii
- WordPress, Drupal
- Joomla , PIMCore
- SQL, Redis, MongoDB
- HTML5, CSS3, JQuery.
- Bootstrap UI, SASS.
- Mobile responsive
- Redux, Angular.
- Babel, TypeScript, ES6
- Twig, Smarty Templates.
- NodeJS, ExpressJS.
- MEAN Stack.
- Analytics and SEO
How to apply: Please send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org